Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pass the germs, please

Ok, I won't go on a rant about how I'm a germaphobe after ripping on another blogger for being a germaphobe. I am SO not worried about germs. I don't use those retarted grocery cart or high chair covers, I don't get grossed out if my teething baby gnaws on the nasty cart handle, I don't freak if my kids eat food off the floor or sand out of the sandbox. I'm pretty laid back on that aspect.

However, when it comes to intentionally passing around germs... ie.... exposing your sick child to other healthy children.... that just pisses me off.

My mom watches my niece occasionally, and this week she was also watching my boys. My niece threw up in the car on the way to my mom's that day and my sister still left her there to be watched by my mom who also had my two boys. Which is so irritating. She does this all the time- instead of being a parent and taking off work and staying home with her sick kid, she leaves her with other people. I guess it wouldn't be such a big deal but it seems to always happen when my kids are being watched by those same people.

So... today Rory started barfing. Lovely. I'm crossing my fingers that Beck doesn't get sick as well. A sick infant isn't something I want to deal with.

I guess I should also put some of the blame on myself as I could have not left the boys with my mom. I offered to find someone else to watch them so they weren't around my niece, but my mom insisted that she wasn't sick, that she was probably just rushed and upset that morning. Grr.

0 comments: